(wow..look at the picture to the right...of me...do we look related??)
Hannah made this jellyfish, which we found in the family fun magazine. It was pretty easy for her to do with some instruction and it came out so pretty!
- Empty plastic single-serving fruit cup
- Mod Podge (or white glue or diluted tacky glue)
- Colored tissue paper
- Yarn and ribbon pieces, each about 1-1/2 feet long
- 2-1/2-foot length of yarn or ribbon
Brush the inside of the fruit cup with a layer of Mod Podge, then sprinkle on some glitter. Tear the tissue paper into small pieces. Add the pieces to the inside of the cup, brushing more Mod Podge over them as you go. Allow the cup to dry.
Poke a hole in the bottom of the cup. I just used the end of sharp scissors.
Gather about 35 (1-1/2-foot-long) pieces of yarn and ribbon into a neat bundle. Tie the 2-1/2-foot length of yarn around the bundle, about 1-1/2 inches from one end. Thread the ends of this piece of yarn up through the hole in the cup. Tie the ends together for a hanging loop.
1. Octopus Cut out a large (I mean large) Octopus. I used brown craft paper from a roll. Have the child make a face. Get white paint and small suction cups. Dip the suction cups in the paint, lightly and then on the tentacles "suction" them with the paint.
3. Paint Sea Shells - This was fun and SUPER easy but went by too quickly. My plan is to take a painted stick (similar to the walking stick) and add string to the shells and hang it up like a wind chime.
5. Ocean Mural - We made this but about half the size. Really cool idea because it brings in different textures in the material. I didn't do it exactly, of course, but close to it.
6. Random print out coloring pages that have to do with ocean life.
7. TONS of books from the library relating to Ocean Life. Fun Fun Fun!!
8. Videos - The Little Mermaid and Finding Nemo
I am hoping to get to these before the month is finished...looks like I need to get chopping.
Paint Sample Magnet Fishing Game (Fire Flies and Jellybeans)
Homemade Japanese Kite (Pink and Green Mama)
Stuffed Paper Bag Whale (DLTK)
Bubble Wrap Printmaking: Ocean Scene (Pink and Green Mama)